Sunday, January 17, 2010

Stitching....Knitting....and FINALLY, Sewing!!

Thank you all soooo much for the thoughts, prayers, and well wishes for Ms. Priss!! She is doing GREAT. The second X-ray showed that she was healing, and after the visit to the Dr. she stopped complaining of the pain in her side. :) She is pretty much back to her normal SASSY self and she REALLY enjoyed the Walking With Dinosaurs showing!!

So as you can see I've been keeping myself occupied! After the sweet stitched heart I got from Marguerite, I decided to make a few more and decorate a little tree I picked up at JoAnn's for 99 cents (!!), well I actually picked up 3. Because you never know!! I plan on using one to display a few Mardi Gras decorations I've been working on!

My sweet Marguerite is recovering from an emergency appendectomy....get well soon girl!! You've got some beautiful quilts to finish!! :D I also had another "scare" from my best friend's Mom. She woke up with terrible chest pains and went into the hospital to have a stint put in because of an EXTREME amount of blockages in her heart! Thankfully she is also home recovering!! The more I look at my sweet little tree, the more I think she deserves a whole lotta hearts to let her know how much I love her and what having her in my life for ALL OF THESE YEARS has meant to me!! So Mimi, I'll be seeing you soon...and bringing the LOVE!! :D

And because my sewing room was a DISASTER AREA and I couldn't bring myself to get in there and CLEAN it...let alone create something in it...I decided to knit!!

Of course in THIS house, you just can't do one!! I did The Boy's first, since it has been so cold here and he outgrew the one I knitted last year. But then the Middle Child saw it and demanded one of her own. Then, even though she still has one that fits, Ms. Priss wanted a new one. I let the girls pick their own colors. I think this pattern is from Lion Brand and I just used whatever I had in my yarn basket. It is pretty quick, I would say a day for each...and that is with picking it up and putting it down....alot!! The trick with this hat is to use two strands of yarn...it makes it thicker so it is warmer because there is not much space between the stitches. It is done on straight needles, then stitched up the back. I want to do some mittens, but for now the cold weather has gone and I am back on my sewing machine....YAY!!
This cute thang is for my niece! I am going to my folks for my nephew's birthday party, so my SIL sent me an email asking for a pair of pants to match a shirt she had done. Hot pink and zebra print...can't go wrong!! :D
And for my nephew, who turned 5!! Something to keep the messes to a minimum!
I got him some paints...so I figured the apron would keep me in my big Sister's good graces!
I also decided to make him a little "Portfolio" to carry all of his artwork in!

I don't know if you can see it in the pictures, but I did a little strip of velcro on one side of the neck band, while the other side is stitched to the top of the apron. We will see how it works out! I think I did a little better serging on the vinyl...at least the bottom of the apron is straight! :)
Well, that is all for now!! I will be back in FULL production next week...I got another LSU quilt order...YAY!! I am also participating in Amy's Potholder Pass...I've never made potholders so I am sure this will be an ADVENTURE!! I am not sure when her sign up ends...but if you are really sweet...she may squeeze you in!! :D Until later....

9 comments:

Capital Mom said...

I love the hats. I wish I could knit. I tried. I can't.

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

So much cuteness!! That tree is adorable!! 99 cents...you are my hero!

Bea said...

Love the hats! Great pattern and color choices. And now, your kids won't even be able to use them anymore this season (most likely)...:(
Still haven't found the right yarn for my project. But, even if I do by the time I'm done it will probably be early summer anyway. So, maybe I'll think about it again later this year.

Allie said...

Oh Lauranie the tree is so sweet! LOVE the hats, and the pants and the apron and the portfolio - and SO GLAD Ms. Priss is back to normal!

Eva said...

Oh, I need to learn to knit!
The apron and portfolio are fab. What a good idea for a gift.
Good to hear Miss Priss is herself again!

MooBear Designs said...

Yay... I feel so slack not sewing but you make up for my lack of craft lol... besides i am still working out my space... how's yours hehe *cheeky grin*

Big Kiss Steph

Kimara said...

WOW... you have been busy, busy, busy! Love the tree... so sweet. Well, everything is sweet! I especially adore the apron. Your nephew's going to love it!

Amy Friend said...

I'm so glad to hear that your daughter is better!
Oh dear...I can only imagine the trouble I would get into knitting with two strands. The hats look great!

craftytammie said...

wow you are so busy!! glad she's feeling better! and those hats are so cute!! thanks for your constant encouragement, i've been in a crafting funk lately but you always make me feel like making something!