Friday, January 23, 2009

Mardi Gras Creations

Good Morning! I haven't posted all week because I have been busy creating! In addition to the two quilt orders, a couple of birthday gifts and a shower gift, I have been trying to come up with some ideas for Mardi Gras. I finished a couple of the decorative bibs I've been working on, and I decided to try embellishing some of the tu-tus with organdy ribbons to see how it would look, pretty good I think. Next I am going to try and incorporate a satin bow to some.

I was browsing Etsy, which is like an Ebay for handmade items and is really neat, and saw some bows that had embroidery work on them. I figured I could try it even though I don't think I am very good at making bows. I like how they came out, but will keep trying different bow types to see what works best.

I have added the pictures to the slideshow on the left. The embroidery thread is really neat it has multiple shades of purple so when it stitches out, it looks like stripes! Let me know what you think!

The bibs are purely for decorative purposes. The top material is a satin/ polyester blend with stiff gold stitching. The back is a nice soft Ultracuddle material to make up for the "scratchy" top. These pictures didn't come out very good, but the monogramming says Mardi Gras 2009 with two Fleur Di Lis on each side of the year. I have done different types of fonts to see which works best. Some are cutesy and some are for either sex. I think it is a good idea for babies since I have never found too many Mardi Gras onesies that I like. This way the baby can wear a white onesie, long or short-sleeved depending on this crazy Louisiana weather, with the bib over it as decoration! Easy. Anyway, as soon as I finish with my orders and gifts I am going to start making Mardi Gras pillowcase dresses, or A-lines I haven't decided yet. I also promised Miss Priss and one of "the boys" that I would try to make a fleece "helmet"-type hat. See, busy, busy! One last pitch...Miss Priss is a Girl Scout Daisy this year and it is almost COOKIE TIME! Pre-orders will be beginning shortly! :) Until later...

No comments: