Monday, January 5, 2009

Warmth for the New Year

Happy 2009! I hope everyone had a safe and fun New Year's. I know a certain someone who probably curled up with her Christmas present after a long night of New Year's libations. This just goes to show you that you can make a quilt out of anything! Speaking of quilts, that is what I will be making the next couple of weeks. I have to finish up my Godson's Christmas gift, I'll post pictures when it is done. The top is knitted squares, so I am trying to figure out the best way to attach the fabric bottom layer. I also have a special project for a very special person that I am working on that is now going to be a Valentine's day gift. Hopefully. And lastly, I got an order for another LSU inspired quilt. This time it is for a boy, so I will be making different fabric selections. I have also decided that I am going to be inspired by Mardi Gras this year. I already have several projects in mind and can't wait to see if they will turn out as good as I see them in my head. Any Mardi Gras orders or idea suggestions are welcomed. I am thinking tu-tus and bibs for now, but will think about pillowcase dresses and T-shirts. I will post more on that topic as Mardi Gras gets closer! I have been given 6 months to figure out how to do an embroidered fabric party hat, so I have to get on that too. Well, hopefully my 2009 will be as exciting and inspiring as I want it to be, but for now, it's time for the morning "mommy" duties. Until later...

No comments: