Monday, January 12, 2009

Staying Busy

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I have been pretty busy. Which is a totally good thing! I am trying to learn Time Management! If I can do better at managing the time it takes to do things, then I am sure I can get a lot more accomplished. I am finishing up a couple of things so I can start on new ones. Hopefully by the end of January, I will have many new things to post. For now, I finished my Mardi Gras tu-tu "prototype" and will finish the bib by the end of the day. What do you think? I think the yellow is very washed out in this picture. But I am sure that everybody knows that Mardi Gras colors are purple, green, and gold! I took this picture in the morning sunlight, maybe I need to find better lighting the next time?
I also did a towel wrap for my Godson's birthday, but didn't get a picture of it. And I made these for my wonderful mother to wear on her bowling trip.
But they are from a "hipster" pattern and my mom likes full coverage, so I will be adding a longer waistband to compensate! Wish me luck on that! These are also a wide leg pant and very comfy. I think I will have to make me some. Of course I had to add pockets, because what are lounge pants without them? I made them on my new serger and I gotta tell ya, I am loving it. It makes my projects whiz by. It really does cut down the time it takes to do garment sewing. I would definitely recommend getting one if you like to sew clothing. I will be doing some pillowcase dresses next and I can't wait to see how fast they seam up! I am also thinking about using my serger to do my quilt blocks. It is supposed to help the seams lay flat, and it will cut the excess fabric while it is sewing the seam, so it has to be a win/win! I'll let you know, but for now I must get back to managing my time! Until later...

No comments: