Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Another Birthday, Another Gift

This past weekend was also my nephew's birthday party. This is what he got! This is from a tutorial I got off of the Sew, Mama, Sew! blog last summer. I've made one before and it is super easy, so I knew that I could do this quick and easy. As you can tell we are MAJOR LSU fans around here so I always have that material laying around. This pattern says it can fit size 4-7, but you can work around it a little by widening the neck and only using one button for an "open" cover-up. This towel wasn't quite 30" wide and it still manages to fit on this 8 year old. This was also my first attempt at making my own bias tape and I used this tutorial. Very well explained, and also easy. It is actually a tute for making piping to go around a "box" cushion, so you get 3 for 1! Awesome. Have I mentioned how much I love the Sew, Mama, Sew! site? They link to an insane amount of crafty sewing blogs with wonderful people who give the best instructions! And if you ever have any questions, there is a forum section where you can find out anything! Everyone is so helpful!



Here is another view of the cover-up:


Well, I am back to the machine to finish up what I'm doing this week. Until later...

1 comment:

Allie said...

That turned out GREAT! I love Sew Mama Sew too.