Monday, May 25, 2009

Something Old and Something New



Happy Memorial Day! Now that summer vacation is officially here, I thought I would post this creation I made for my niece last summer. It is made from a standard beach towel. It worked well for her since she is long and lean. But I think for someone my size or a little more curvy, I would have more of an A-line cut. The shorts were actually made from a BABY BLOOMER pattern that I modified slightly!! That is how small this chica is!! But she got back, so I had to do a little expansion! :) I actually monogrammed her name too low and had to go back and manually remove all the stitches! I won't be doing that again! At least not with that font, it is tough! She is still wearing it this summer, but this was made before I got my serger, so the terry cloth at the front seam on the shorts are starting to run! But she has already requested new colors for this year, so...
Here is the something NEW! I finished the 40x40 quilt I have been working on! I just want to thank the recipient again for being so patient with me! If anyone ever wonders why I don't have an Etsy store or make sales over the internet the answer is TIMING!! The few brave souls who do order things from me are so kind and understanding when it comes to timing! I tell them to give me at least a month notice! Some things I can whip out quickly, but others, especially things I've never done before, take a while to figure out. And then I have to factor in my mess ups!
So next on my list...an embroidered shirt, a monogrammed onsie/ bloomer set, a surprise for Elizabeth, something for a mom-to-be to TWINS, a "baby shower" gift for my sister to give, finish up the aprons for GS, and think of something to make for my kid's summer picture this week!! So what is your summer going to be like? :) Until later...

No comments: