Monday, August 31, 2009

What a Weekend!! Packages, Zipper Bags, and Moving in the MIL!

Yes, you heard that right! This was the weekend of the big Move-In! My MIL lived with us before for about 3 years, but when I was expecting the Middle Child, I knew it would be too hard for me to care for her. So she went into an Assisted Living Facility, but now she is back! So, if my posts start to fall more behind than usual, I hope you will understand and check back in on me from time to time :)

Now...enough about me, let me tell you about my friends!!! I am so thankful that I started this blog and have had the opportunity to meet such an awesome assortment of amazingly TALENTED people! Every one of you, that has commented or followed or just viewed my creations and silly ramblings mean so much to me! I am blessed and I just want to take this time to say "Thank You". Now about those "talented" friends and the PACKAGES!! I WON!! I won a giveaway over on Kindershop Online!! Even though I won by default, because the original winner didn't leave an email or way of contact, I still consider myself a winner!!! Look what I won:
Thanks SO much, girl! I love it! And look at those cute buttons! I know it is a little hard to see, I took the pictures in a rush! But there are buttons shaped like pencil sharpeners in there!! Too Cute!! And aren't some of these little projects just so simple, but cute!


There are patterns for bloomers, a dress, simple pants, stencilling (above), and a diaper bag, that is so simple and sleek that it doesn't even look like a diaper bag to me!! Can't wait to try that one!
And some cute little softies, and bookends, and taggies, and a soft rattle!! So sweet!
I really like this book....now what to make first???

Well, before I can make anything new.....I have to finish up my orders! Before the Big Move, I was able to finish up some zipper bags, a couple of birthday crown and tu-tu sets, and started on some embroidered tees and onesie/ bloomers set!! This week I'll be trying to finish those up, and starting on my sweet little niece's Halloween costume, and a Halloween inspired birthday hat/ bib set! Whew!! Busy! Busy! Before I show you the zipper bags, I want to take this space to thank my friend at Hootie...gives a Hoot? She is so sweet, and being the loyal bloggy friend that she is ordered something from me, and sent me the most beautiful card!!
Isn't it lovely? And did I mention that her 15 year old daughter drew it?? The TALENT!! For an Art Fundraiser at her school, she drew this fabulous depiction of The Nutcracker Ballet and it was put on cards! I LOVE IT!! Thank you so much! This little lady will be one to watch! You can check out all of her creations over the years HERE! I only hope that my children develop such love for art! And that I have the ability to inspire them like her Momma so obviously does! So far so good!! :)
Ok....on to the zipper bags!
This one is made from an outdoor canvas.
These are made from a really soft, velvety vinyl. They are for twins who both love soccer! I hope they are "different" enough!
And this ONE!! WOW, can I tell you what having a Teflon foot does for sewing on sticky vinyl??!!! ZIP, ZIP and it's DONE!! Thank you so much Allie! I know I've thanked you before, but REALLY!! :) I have a Brother sewing machine, and I got a universal Teflon foot on EBAY for $8!!! Awesome! Anyway, this one needed a new Travel bag for her son's toothbrush! Maybe a little too big, height-wise, we'll see!
I guess that about wraps up my musings for tonight!! I hope you all had a great weekend and look forward to the week ahead!! Keep me in your thoughts and send me the strength I know I'll need in this time of adjustment! If all goes as planned, I'll be back with finished orders, an AWESOME Pretty Pleated Purse review from a pattern I got from Tenth Muses Studios, and a new little thing I am FINALLY starting....a PIF, which means Pay it Forward!! I jumped in on the PIF fun through Urban Craft, who is witty and talented! And I knew that because I have the GREATEST bloggy friends, I wanted to participate in this. So, I will pick a couple of you to send random things that I think you will like! It is my way of giving back to a community that has given SO MUCH to me! I really appreciate you all!! Until later...

8 comments:

Tam said...

Yay for the win (I entered but am happy you were the winner!)

Hope all goes well with the addition to the family!
Tam

Bea said...

Wow, what a bunch of information you have to share this morning! I hope all goes well with your MIL moving in.
And can I say, I LOVE William's new zipper pouch. I think I need a teflon foot, too.
And YAY, for all those orders that are coming your way!

Jennwith4 said...

You sure are one busy lady! Congrats on winning! I love it when fun packages come in the mail. That book looks like a fun one to go through for projects.

I have never heard of a teflon foot. What is it?

have a great day!

Lisa said...

Hey Super Mom! Not sleeping, huh? What's your secret for being able to do so much and yet maintain your sweetness and talents!

How nice that your MIL can move back in with you. You are a special person. My in-laws are right next door, so I totally understand the treasure of having family so close.

My daughter is going to flip and think it's way cool that you mentioned her on your blog! She'll be home in an hour and I can't wait to show her. :)

Lisa aka Hootie! :)

Amy Friend said...

Wow, you sure have been and will be very, very busy! Congratulations on all the orders and good luck completing them all during this busy time of year!

Allie said...

Girl you make me dizzy with all you get done! I'm glad the move went well and I'm praying for you all during the adjustment. I love love love everything you made and so glad you like your teflon foot! Your win is wonderful and that card is something special - she is very talented!

Capital Mom said...

I hope that the move in has all gone well. Gosh you have a lot on your plate!
Love the book. If I could sew I would make the diaper bag. It is too cute. I also liked the vynil bag. That is a great idea!

Anonymous said...

I love giveaways! You scored big with that book. The bloomers are awesome. I know I've said it before in some version, but people just need more bloomers. You guys have such big hearts taking in your MIL. But how cool for your kids to grow up with their grandma near? Worth the sacrifice, perhaps.