Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Update on CPSI Act

Good Morning, this is just a quick post to let you know that the new law that was to start February 10th has been delayed for a year. Hopefully this means they will look more closely and take into consideration one-of-a-kind handmade items. This is not to say that I am or have ever been opposed to this law, I am all for keeping our kids safe. I think this law is awesome, but I am not sure why it is only coming into effect now, we have been aware of poisonous lead levels since the 70s, so why now? Could it be that somebody was not doing their job when importing all of those items from China or wherever? Shouldn't anything that comes into the US that is specifically sold to children be tested?? Shouldn't this already be happening that it didn't take this "blanket law" to bring more awareness and threaten American made products that are certainly more watched over than anything being brought in from oversees? I'm just saying... anyway, if you are interested in reading more about it, click on the Save Handmade icon on left of this page. I will hopefully have something new up by the end of the week, but the baby shower is this weekend as is the birthday I am doing the quilt for so I might not be back until next week! If that is the case, happy weekend! Until later...

No comments: