Friday, February 27, 2009

What to do with all of those BEADS!

Sorry about slacking off with my posts, we have all been fighting the stuffy noses around here! The constant change in weather has our sinuses in turmoil! I haven't been able to concentrate long enough to get anything new created! But now that the bon temps have roulled and the last traces of Mardi Gras have been cleaned up along the parade route, what do you do with all of those beads? My suggestion? Get out the hot glue guns and empty plastic containers and create craft buckets!

This is a great way to get rid of those beads and they make pretty containers to hold pencils, crayons, markers, etc... I made these last year and they have held up pretty good. We have had some issues with the Middle child trying to pull the beads off, so you probably don't want to use them around small children who still like to put things into their mouths! But these would be great teacher's gifts! Other suggestions for getting more use out of beads could be making beaded "curtains". I also made some of these a few years back and of course tried to make it more complicated than what it should have been, involving heavy duty staples. There is really no need for those, just snip the beads to the desired length and wrap around a dowel, twist the beads to hold then tie a pretty ribbon to the dowel to hang!

I will be back to sewing hopefully this weekend now that I am starting to feel better, so hopefully next week I will have new things to post. I got some great new patterns from the Habitual blog that I have a link to on the left that I can't wait to try out! There is a Kimono tutorial that I am going to lengthen a little and make Ms. Priss and the Middle Child robes with. I love the sewing community on the internet! They are so generous with their creations and go to great lengths to give you all of the information you need to create your own pretty things. I only wish to get as good so one day I can write a tutorial and "give back"! Until later...

No comments: