Friday, December 12, 2008

Isn't she sweet?

When we were first married and had little money for our first Christmas, I did what anyone in our situation would do. In addition to making most of our ornaments and stockings, I pillaged my family's stuff. I went to my granny's house and asked if she had anything she wasn't using, and like all good grandmothers she offered up anything and everything she had. This sweet little angel was one of my finds and now that my granny is no longer with us, it just makes me treasure this angel even more. This Christmas will bring both sorrow and joy for our family. We had to say good-bye to our beloved granny this year, but we were also blessed with three new additions to the wonderful family that she created and held together. I know all of us will be thinking of her and smiling because we know she is watching over us and will always will be with us in our hearts.

On to a lighter topic, we got our tree yesterday. It took all of 3 minutes to find "the one". Now it is sitting and waiting to be brought in and decorated tonight! I can't wait to start wrapping those lights! Ok, so that is my least favorite part, but it does make the tree look so pretty and sparkly! Ms. Priss has already picked out which ornament will go on first. I have yet to get a First Christmas ornament for the boy, but I'm thinking about leaving the house today to get one. Here is our tree... undecorated.I have also added a few things to the slideshow on the side of this page. I monogrammed some bags for someone, and finally took pictures of the children's Christmas outfits. Until later...

No comments: