Thursday, December 11, 2008

It Snowed!



It's beginning to look like Christmas! We woke up this morning to snow! On the ground! That didn't melt! In south Louisiana! Needless to say the children were very excited! So was the Man, he couldn't wait to wake everyone up. Even though the schools DIDN'T close, I decided to let Ms. Priss stay home. So I probably won't get much done today. We are going to get our Christmas tree this evening. We went Monday, but they were all out of 10' trees so hopefully today they will have some in. The Man didn't want to go anywhere else because he would feel disloyal to our regular tree people.

Anyway, back to the snow! I still can't believe it. It has stopped for now, but they think maybe later... But of course it will not last. By the end of the week it is supposed to be back in the 70s! My poor sinuses will never get better, and it is hard to create with a sinus headache. So much to do, but never enough time. Well, the Man just called, he has decided to call it a "Snow Day" and work from home. So maybe I will be able to get some sewing done today. I still can't believe the Parish didn't close the schools today. Don't they realize that people who live in the south do not know how to DRIVE in the SNOW? Oh well, one last look then I am off to do some work. Until later...

No comments: