Monday, March 30, 2009

Easter Outfit

I finished the Boy's Easter outfit on time!! I like the way it turned out. I wasn't wild about the patterns I had because they all had two front pieces that sewed up the middle. I didn't want to take any chances with that because I was monogramming the center front.
I had one that I bought so I decided to try my hand at making my own pattern from an already existing article of clothing. I liked that it snapped on one side, because frankly buttons give me fits. I always seem to place them in the wrong place! I guess if I were to do them more I would be more comfortable with them. Oh well. The next issue I had was the snap crotch. Thankfully, you can't see the errors because they are all on the inside! All in all it was a good experience and I feel I will be more confident when making the next one. So now, I'm off to finishing up dresses for the girls. Also this week, I will be posting all of the items I've been doing to get ready for the upcoming Strawberry Festival. Some things have already been added to the slide shows on the left. Until later...

1 comment:

Allie said...

TOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!! And the outfit is too! *G*